[INDOLOGY] Publication Announcement

Jan E.M. Houben jemhouben at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 16:06:09 UTC 2020

This is useful.
To be noted that "Kielhorn as a reprint" was originally written by F.
Kielhorn in English.
Since this translation into German by Dr. Solf (revised by Kielhorn
himself) is already available at
http://www.sanskritweb.net/deutsch/kielhorn.pdf
it would be interesting to know which didactic, pedagogic or economic
reasons have led to this republication -- rather than that of another early
Sanskrit primer in German such as "Stenzler".
Jan Houben

On Mon, 12 Oct 2020 at 14:14, Walter Slaje via INDOLOGY <
indology at list.indology.info> wrote:

> Dear Colleagues,
>

> although for linguistic reasons probably only of interest to a small
> percentage of list subscribers, I would like to draw your attention to the
> following set of new publications in the German language. It contains:
>

> 1) Bühler’s Sanskrit Primer in a new typesetting (with continuous
> references to the respective paragraphs in Kielhorn),
>
> 2) Kielhorn as a reprint, and
>
> 3) Study materials consisting of
>
> a) a Key to the Exercises,
>
> b) Bühler’s “Third Book of Sanskrit” with
>
> c) a Glossary by Eugen Hultzsch
>

> https://uvhw.de/studia-indologica.html
>

> Each volume can also be purchased separately at a price of EUR 35,--, but
> as a triplet at an unbeatable discount price of only EUR 59,--.
>
> https://uvhw.de/studia-indologica/product/200925_08-219-6.html
>

> Kindly regarding,
>
> WS

*Jan E.M. Houben*

Directeur d'Études, Professor of South Asian History and Philology

*Sources et histoire de la tradition sanskrite*

École Pratique des Hautes Études (EPHE, Paris Sciences et Lettres)

*Sciences historiques et philologiques *

*johannes.houben [at] ephe.psl.eu <johannes.houben at ephe.psl.eu>*

*https://ephe-sorbonne.academia.edu/JanEMHouben
<https://ephe-sorbonne.academia.edu/JanEMHouben>*