Re: [INDOLOGY] root skr̥?

Madhav Deshpande mmdesh at umich.edu
Thu Oct 29 22:53:29 UTC 2020

Hello Hans,

     The fact that R̥gveda 10.127.3 has *askr̥ta* but the Padapāṭha has
*akr̥ta*, probably explains why Pāṇini did not include a root *skr̥*, but
only proposed a contextual insertion or augmentation with "*s"*. Best,

Madhav

Madhav M. Deshpande
Professor Emeritus, Sanskrit and Linguistics
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Senior Fellow, Oxford Center for Hindu Studies

[Residence: Campbell, California, USA]