Re: [INDOLOGY] Manuscrit retrouvé au Musée de Pouilly sur Loire

Olivelle, J P jpo at austin.utexas.edu
Fri Oct 23 13:55:29 UTC 2020

So, yes, this is Sinhala script, probably also Sinhala language. The Image was inverted; I had to download and flip it. Some letters are illegible, unfortunately. The last lines read something like:

(penultimate): …grāmakotau viharati (*?) vāsayakaraṇaye
atikrāntaloka*vo”(?)tugata a*npā*pa

Not normal Sinhala; quite Sanskrit (e.g. viharati)i, but some like vāsayakaraṇaye are clearly Sinhala.

Best,

Patrick