[INDOLOGY] sources for the idea that reincarnation is a semi-random process?

Gleb Sharygin gleb.sharygin at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 19:18:19 UTC 2020

"Buddha says that one should not think about the workings of karma(n),
because it will drive them insane (because of complexity of the matter)"

That is, one shouldn't obsessively try to unravel the precise mechanism of
the karma(n) operation. In Buddhist teaching one of course should
constantly think about their "karman", the actions that they do and the
results they inherit.