[INDOLOGY] CfA: Postdoctoral Fellowship in Sanskrit Poetics

Jonathan Silk kauzeya at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 19:48:38 UTC 2020

Dear Andrew,and through you to Yigal,
Thank you for this information, but I have a question/concern. Given the
*extremely* short deadline, and the fact that the successful candidate is
expected to start almost immediately thereafter, does not the Hebrew
University think it would only be fair to state clearly and honestly
whether in fact they already have an internal candidate for this position?
In fact I think this should be a moral imperative of every job search, but
that is besides the point: while putting together an application might be
possible so quickly, in a case like this, it is hard to imagine that a
person to whom this announcement comes out of blue would be able to pick up
and move (during Covid!) on such short notice, and therefore the
probability leaps immediately to mind that this is not an entirely open
advertisement.
Please advise.
Cordially,
Jonathan Silk

On Tue, Nov 10, 2020 at 8:25 PM Andrew Ollett via INDOLOGY <
indology at list.indology.info> wrote:

> Dear list members,
>
> On behalf of Yigal Bronner, I am forwarding the attached call for
> applications for a two-year postdoctoral position, focusing on the
> commentarial literature on Mammaṭa’s *Light on Poetry *(*Kāvyaprakāśa*),
> at The Hebrew University of Jerusalem. Note the Nov. 30 deadline.
>
> Andrew

J. Silk
Leiden University
Leiden University Institute for Area Studies, LIAS
Matthias de Vrieshof 3, Room 0.05b
2311 BZ Leiden
The Netherlands

website: www.OpenPhilology.eu
copies of my publications may be found at
https://leidenuniv.academia.edu/JASilk