[INDOLOGY] Techniques of Blinding

Eli Franco franco at uni-leipzig.de
Mon May 4 21:11:09 UTC 2020

If my memory does not fail me, Goldstein’s History of Modern Tibet
contains a firsthand account of a high-ranking government official
being blinded as a punishment. The technique applied first was to put
pressure on the temples till the eyes would pop out. When this failed,
his eyes were cut out with knives.
Best wishes, E.F.

--
Prof. Dr. Eli Franco
Institut für Indologie und Zentralasienwissenschaften

Ph. +49 341 9737 121, 9737 120 (dept. office)
Fax +49 341 9737 148