[INDOLOGY] corona deaths

Madhav Deshpande mmdesh at umich.edu
Fri May 1 13:48:53 UTC 2020

Dear Herman,
     I appreciate your message and your feelings.  For me, the situation
around me in the US with 60,000 dead, a million infected and the daily
numbers increasing by several thousand, is so depressing that if we do not
find some distraction, we will lose our mind.  I have already stopped
watching the news on TV, and each time I open the newspaper, it is only
with great trepidation. Without a distraction, we are continuously living
in hell.  I mean no disrespect to our colleagues and family friends who are
suffering and dying.  My Sanskrit verses help me retain some of my sanity
in an insane world. In any case,  I completely respect the reactions from
you and some other colleagues and will stop posting my verses on this
topic. With best regards,

Madhav

Madhav M. Deshpande
Professor Emeritus, Sanskrit and Linguistics
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Senior Fellow, Oxford Center for Hindu Studies

[Residence: Campbell, California, USA]