[INDOLOGY] Lockdown verses

Dominik Haas dominik.haas at univie.ac.at
Fri May 1 12:35:11 UTC 2020

Dear colleagues,

the poems have obviously become a delicate affair. I think it is clear
that none of our poets have ever intended to ridicule the desease itself
– let alone make fun of those who suffer from it. I'm sure that many on
this list, being under lockdown at home, have enjoyed them once in a
while (including myself). I think it's easy to ignore them (which I also
frequently did), because the subject line is always the same.

On the other hand, it's clear that the topic is sensitive, and the
argument that this an academic list is perfectly valid, I think. May I
suggest a practical solution. What if those who intend to regularly
compose poems create some kind of newsletter. Anyone interested in
getting them could simply subscribe privately. This is just a
suggestion. Another way would of course to found another list.

Best regards,

D Haas

*Dominik A. Haas, BA MA*
PhD Candidate, University of Vienna
dominik.haas at univie.ac.at <mailto:dominik.haas at univie.ac.at>
ORCID 0000-0002-8505-6112 <https://orcid.org/0000-0002-8505-6112>
<https://univie.academia.edu/DominikHaas>
follow my work on
univie.academia.edu/DominikHaas
<https://www.academia.edu/keypass/ZW5ZRXhKRStPR21EbjZXN2sycGJ3UTJBa3RXRmdzMS8xcUNsZ05BNFM1ST0tLVNHeXJFaks5aVNNTEpRb21BYkVKOFE9PQ==--e24213c0e3c20341d456d6e3cac8b41f86179746/t/QmyD-NHD76Sz-yeiD0/followings/follow?followee_id=8049457&s=following_you_bundled_email>

<https://foasas.org>