[INDOLOGY] Retroflexion and gender in viruses

Joanna Jurewicz j.jurewicz at uw.edu.pl
Sun Mar 29 12:29:16 UTC 2020

 कोरोण

As far as the type of the "n" is concerned.

When you speak "r", the tip of your tongue is almost in the place to say  "ṇ".
Just move it a little bit back  and open you mouth when you speak "o", then
you will say "ṇ"naturally. Then let it go to say dental "t". As I have
observed, in Sanskrit, the tip of the language is much more frequently kept
at the back of your mouth than in, e.g. in Polish (or in English, as it
seems to me). Here, it is more natural to allow the tip to go forth
immediately after "r", as if we already wanted to prepare it to say "t".
Thus for Polish speakers dental "n" is more natural.

I am also sure that it is masculine. Or neutral. Never female!

A very good training for isolation 😉

Joanna

---

Prof. dr hab. Joanna Jurewicz

Katedra Azji Południowej /Chair of South Asia

Wydział Orientalistyczny / Faculty of Oriental Studies

Uniwersytet Warszawski /University of Warsaw

ul. Krakowskie Przedmieście 26/28

00-927 Warszawa , Poland

Department of Linguistics and Modern Languages

College of Human Sciences

UNISA

Pretoria, RSA

Member of Academia Europaea

https://uw.academia.edu/JoannaJurewicz

niedz., 29 mar 2020 o 06:23 Madhav Deshpande via INDOLOGY <