[INDOLOGY] Sculpture from Rajasthan -Thar Desert

Jessie Pons jessie.pons at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Thu Mar 26 08:11:42 UTC 2020

Dear list members,

A colleague from the Institute for Classical Archaeology has sent me
this picture of what seems to be a fairly recent panel discovered in
Rajasthan. I can interpret the iconography but I cannot decipher the
inscription. I would be very grateful to you if you could indicate what
the latter says and/or refer me to similar images.

Many thanks in advance for your helpful replies!

All the best,
Jessie Pons

--
Jun.-Prof. Dr. Jessie Pons
Professor for the History of South Asian Religions
E-Mail: jessie.pons at rub.de
Room 1/04