[INDOLOGY] Coronavirus

Jan E.M. Houben jemhouben at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 10:19:40 UTC 2020

Thanks, Madhav, we should not lose our sense of humor.

' कोरोणजनितो रोगो   भिषजासाध्य एव हि ' ।
केचिन्मन्यन्त अन्ये तु  ' गोमूत्राद्यत्र भेषजम् '॥

This is going to have a worldwide impact for quite some time, not only on
health care, economy, social life, but also on the organization of our
scientific events etc.

https://www.outlookindia.com/website/story/india-news-cow-urine-dung-can-treat-coronavirus-says-hindu-mahasabha-president-swami-chakrapani-maharaj/346571
more recent discussions from Indian perspective:
https://www.outlookindia.com/magazine/issue/11663
statistics:
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

On Sun, 8 Mar 2020 at 18:43, Madhav Deshpande via INDOLOGY <
indology at list.indology.info> wrote:

> Coronavirus - "Touch me not!"
>
> कोरोनाख्यविषाणूनां स्पर्शाद् भीतोऽस्म्यहं प्रिये ।
> प्रीतिस्ते मयि चेन्मा मा स्पृश मा मां कदाचन ।।
>
> O my dear! I am scared of the touch of the Coronavirus. If you really love
> me, please don't don't don't ever touch me.
>
> Madhav M. Deshpande
> Professor Emeritus, Sanskrit and Linguistics
> University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
> Senior Fellow, Oxford Center for Hindu Studies
>
> [Residence: Campbell, California, USA]

*Jan E.M. Houben*

Directeur d'Études, Professor of South Asian History and Philology

*Sources et histoire de la tradition sanskrite*

École Pratique des Hautes Études (EPHE, Paris Sciences et Lettres)

*Sciences historiques et philologiques *

*johannes.houben [at] ephe.psl.eu <johannes.houben at ephe.psl.eu>*

*https://ephe-sorbonne.academia.edu/JanEMHouben
<https://ephe-sorbonne.academia.edu/JanEMHouben>*