[INDOLOGY] Repetitive recitation of a mantra

Dominik Haas dominik.haas at univie.ac.at
Sun Mar 1 12:21:38 UTC 2020

Dear colleagues,

in my exploration of the history of the Gāyatrī mantra, I naturally have
to deal with the practice of *repetitive recitation**of a mantra*. I
would like to collect as much literature as possible about the origins
and the development of this specific practice in South Asian religions
(of course there's a lot about japa and mantras in general, and repeated
recitation is ubiquitous, but I am looking for more focused studies).
Serious studies about the psychological effects of repeating a single
text would also be interesting.

Any references (and/or PDFs) would be very welcome, on or off-list!

Best regards,
Dominik A. Haas

*Dominik A. Haas, BA MA*
PhD Candidate, University of Vienna
Dissertation proposal: doi.org/10.25365/phaidra.103
dominik.haas at univie.ac.at <mailto:dominik.haas at univie.ac.at>
ORCID: 0000-0002-8505-6112 <https://orcid.org/0000-0002-8505-6112>
univie.academia.edu/DominikHaas <https://univie.academia.edu/DominikHaas>