[INDOLOGY] Online course "Kannada as a Classical Language" at Würzburg, 19th to 23rd October 2020

Anna Aurelia Esposito anna.esposito at uni-wuerzburg.de
Tue Jun 30 17:49:19 UTC 2020

Dear Colleagues,
due to the current situation caused by the corona pandemic we have
converted our summer school "Kannada as a Classical Language" into an
online course. It will be conducted by Prof. B.A. Viveka Rai together
with the Chair of Indology, University of Würzburg, from 19th to 23rd
October 2020, 3:00-6:30 p.m. CET.

This course focusses on the classical literary genre Champu. After an
introduction into classical Kannada, Janna’s Yashodhara Charite
(chapters 3 and 4) will be read and studied. Participants are expected
to possess knowledge of fundamental grammar and the Kannada script
before attending the course.

Prof. Dr. B.A. Viveka Rai is a retired professor of Kannada Literature
and Folklore at the University of Mangalore. Since 2010, he is a
regular guest professor at the Chair of Indology, University of
Würzburg, teaching Kannada and classical Kannada, as well as courses
on the culture and literature of Karnataka.

There will be NO FEE. For any questions and for registration please
write to Anna Aurelia Esposito (anna.esposito at uni-wuerzburg.de).

The course will be taught online. The access code will be communicated
to the participants before the course.

We would be grateful if you could widely circulate this call for applications.

Best regards,
Anna Aurelia Esposito

**********
PD Dr. Anna Aurelia Esposito