[INDOLOGY] History of Aufrecht's Catalogus Catalogorum

Walter Slaje walter.slaje at gmail.com
Sat Jun 27 11:25:56 UTC 2020

Let me perhaps add that the printing costs spent for Aufrecht's Catalogus
catalogorum of 8,673 Goldmark in the year 1891 approximates 58,000 Euros in
2020 if one adduces the buying power for comparison purposes.
https://fredriks.de/hvv/kaufkraft_calc.php

Whatever the exact conversion ratio, it testifies to the high appreciation
shown for Aufrecht's cataloguing endeavours by the DMG at that time.

Regards,
WS