[INDOLOGY] anyasāra

Arlo Griffiths arlogriffiths at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 22 11:41:08 UTC 2020

Dear colleagues,

I am interested in the compound anyasāra, of which I find only very few occurrences in the sources available to me.

One of them is Śabdakalpadruma, s.v. upapātakam: tat tu suvarṇadravyād anyasāradravyāpaharaṇam | devarṣipitṝṇām ṛṇāśodhanam 38.

Can anyone help me understand if the quotation here is from an original Sanskrit work, or is due to the compilers of the Śabdakalpadruma? The source reference at the end of the lemma leads me to the mega-lemma prāyaścitta, where I lose track of anyasāradravyāpaharaṇam and devarṣipitṝṇām ṛṇāśodhanam.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Best wishes,

Arlo Griffiths