Re: [INDOLOGY] Metre of gopī-gītam

Madhav Deshpande mmdesh at umich.edu
Fri Jun 12 22:30:46 UTC 2020

Dear Harry,

Since Vaman Shivram Apte (1858 – 9 August 1892) died before the 1895
publication of the Mandāramarandacampū by the Nirnaya Sagara Press, the
reference to this publication must be the work of one of the later editors
of Apte's dictionary who expanded the original dictionary.  The three
volume edition from 1959 represents such expansions.

Madhav

Madhav M. Deshpande
Professor Emeritus, Sanskrit and Linguistics
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Senior Fellow, Oxford Center for Hindu Studies

[Residence: Campbell, California, USA]