[INDOLOGY] Searching archive.org: Canada/Sanskrit

Jonathan Silk kauzeya at gmail.com
Sat Jun 6 08:54:06 UTC 2020

speaking of which
maybe some French colleague can explain why many of the scans on Gallica
are so atrocious as to often be entirely unreadable...
For instance almost the entire Journal Asiatique ...

Jonathan

On Fri, Jun 5, 2020 at 10:25 PM Dominik Wujastyk via INDOLOGY <
indology at list.indology.info> wrote:

> Just filling an idle moment.
>
> Canadian libraries have scanned over 600,000 books into Archive.org.
> Canadian scanning is usually of exceptionally high quality.  Searching
> those for "Sanskrit" produces 563 hits.  Sorted by publication date, we get
> this:
>
>    - https://archive.org/details/toronto?and%5B%5D=sanskrit&sin=&sort=date
>    --
>

> Professor Dominik Wujastyk
> <https://www.ualberta.ca/arts/about/people-collection/dominik-wujastyk>
> ,
>
> Singhmar Chair in Classical Indian Society and Polity
> ,
>
> Department of History and Classics
> <http://historyandclassics.ualberta.ca/>
> ,
> University of Alberta, Canada
> .
>

> South Asia at the U of A:
>
> sas.ualberta.ca

J. Silk
Leiden University
Leiden University Institute for Area Studies, LIAS
Matthias de Vrieshof 3, Room 0.05b
2311 BZ Leiden
The Netherlands

copies of my publications may be found at
https://leidenuniv.academia.edu/JASilk