[INDOLOGY] Citation from a Yamunānāmastotra?

Buchta, David david_buchta at brown.edu
Fri Jul 31 02:21:45 UTC 2020

Dear colleagues,

I have tried in vain to trace a set of passages which Baladeva VIdyābhūṣaṇa
(18th c) cites in his commentary on Rūpa Gosvāmin's *Yamunāṣṭaka *in the
*Stavamālā*. Each time he cites them as "*tannāmastotre" *with the
*tad *contextually
presumably referring to Yamunā. I've listed the citations below, with the
hope that someone here might recognize these or be able somehow to point me
in the right direction. The only lead I managed to uncover was what appears
to be a Puṣṭi-mārgīya (because of the words "śrīkṛṣṇaḥ śaraṇaṃ mama" in
Gujurati script) photocopied document someone uploaded onto Scribd with a
picture of Kṛṣṇa's feet and a list of all the traditional marks on either
side, with then 30 feminine names listed below. When put together, these
names clearly form anuṣṭhubh verses: *trayī rasamayī śaurī brahmavidyā
sudhāvahā...*

Thanks,
Dave Buchta

Here are the citations: