[INDOLOGY] Antw: changes in gaṇas/present-tense stem classes of Sanskrit verbs

Raik Strunz raik.strunz at indologie.uni-halle.de
Sun Jul 26 06:04:15 UTC 2020

Dear Antonia,

for an overview of the morphological features and their Indo-European
background I would also recommend

Helmut Rix.
LIV – Lexikon der indogermanischen Verben.
Die Wurzeln und ihre Primärstammbildungen.
Wiesbaden 2001.

Best,

Raik Strunz

–––––––––––

Raik Strunz, M.A.

Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter
Email: raik.strunz at indologie.uni-halle.de
Tel.: +49 345 / 55 23655

Seminar für Südasienkunde und Indologie
 — Indologie —
Orientalisches Institut
Martin-Luther-Universität Halle-Wittenberg

Emil-Abderhalden-Straße 9
D-06108 Halle (Saale)

www.indologie.uni-halle.de

–––––––––––

सर॑स्वत्यै॒  स्वाहा॑  ॥

>>> Antonia Ruppel via INDOLOGY <indology at list.indology.info> 24.07.20
21.07 Uhr >>>
Dear all,
Is there an overview or systematic study of Sanskrit verbal roots either
changing what present-tense stem class they belong to, or moving towards
belonging to more than one class? (I am particularly looking for verbs
moving into/also taking on forms of Class X, but am also wondering about
movement towards thematic formations more generally. So far, my searches
haven't had any useful results.)

I was going to go through Whitney to make a list of my own; but before
doing that, I thought I'd check whether the kalpataru might have a piece
of fruit all ready for me.

Many thanks,
     Antonia