[INDOLOGY] changes in gaṇas/present-tense stem classes of Sanskrit verbs

Antonia Ruppel rhododaktylos at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 19:05:12 UTC 2020

Dear all,

Is there an overview or systematic study of Sanskrit verbal roots either
changing what present-tense stem class they belong to, or moving towards
belonging to more than one class? (I am particularly looking for verbs
moving into/also taking on forms of Class X, but am also wondering about
movement towards thematic formations more generally. So far, my searches
haven't had any useful results.)

I was going to go through Whitney to make a list of my own; but before
doing that, I thought I'd check whether the kalpataru might have a piece of
fruit all ready for me.

Many thanks,
     Antonia