[INDOLOGY] Navagraha worship in Tamil literature

Jean-Luc Chevillard jean-luc.chevillard at univ-paris-diderot.fr
Thu Jul 23 15:45:28 UTC 2020

Dear Ofer,

this may not be a direct answer to your query but you might want to have
a look at Tēvāram 2:85.

http://www.ifpindia.org/digitaldb/site/digital_tevaram/U_TEV/DM2_85.HTM

It contains the earliest known reference to the 9 planets

vēy _uṟu tōḷi paṅkaṉ, viṭam _uṇṭa kaṇṭaṉ, mika nalla vīṇai taṭavi,
mācu _aṟu tiṅkaḷ kaṅkai muṭimēl _aṇintu, _eṉ _uḷamē pukunta_ataṉāl---
ñāyiṟu, tiṅkaḷ, cevvāy, putaṉ, viyāḻam, veḷḷi, caṉi, pāmpu_iraṇṭum, _uṭaṉē
_ācu _aṟum; nallanalla; _avai nallanalla, _aṭiyār_avarkku mikavē.

I hope this is useful as a starting point

All the best

-- Jean-Luc (in Müssen)