[INDOLOGY] CfP deadline 10th March • Proto-Indo-European Reconstruction • 1-2nd Oct 2020 • Cambridge

K.J. Ram-Prasad kjr50 at cam.ac.uk
Fri Jan 31 13:14:56 UTC 2020

Dear all,

We are now inviting abstract submissions for our conference
Proto-Indo-European Reconstruction: Problems, possibilities & new
perspectives, which will take place in Cambridge on 1-2nd Oct 2020.
Please see our website www.pier-cam-2020.org [1] for further details.

We invite papers and posters on any aspect of PIE linguistic
reconstruction, including--but not limited to--phonological,
morphological and syntactic elements. Presentations can span from more
data-focused analyses to broader, theoretical questions that push the
boundaries of the methodologies we have employed so far. This broad
spectrum of topics will allow different areas of research to be
included, while maintaining a focus on the central importance of
linguistic reconstruction in IE studies.

Papers will be 20 minutes followed by 10 minutes of discussion (30 mins
total).

Posters should be of standard (A0) size. Please include in your abstract
whether you expect your poster to be portrait or landscape. This will
not affect our decision on its acceptance and you may let the organisers
know if you wish to change the orientation a later stage.

If you wish to present something at this conference, please submit an
abstract of up to 500 words, (not including bibliography) in PDF to
pier.cam2020 at gmail.com. Please specify whether you wish to be considered
for either a paper or a poster or both.

The deadline for abstract submission is March 10th 2020. Your abstract
should also include your name, email and institutional affiliation (if
any). We will aim to notify you of our decision within a month of the
deadline.

We look forward to hearing from you!
Krishnan Ram-Prasad & Edoardo Chiattelli (organisers)
Faculty of Classics
University of Cambridge

Links:
------