[INDOLOGY] Book Announcement

Jeffery Long dharmaprof108 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 14 17:08:23 UTC 2020

Dear Colleagues,

I am happy to announce that An Introduction to Jain Philosophy by Parveen Jain is now available on Amazon or through the book’s website. Drawing on an extraordinary collection of writings and discourses by Ācārya Sushil Kumar and on the author’s own self-studies as a lifelong practitioner, the book distills the fundamental tenets of Jain philosophy for both academic and non-academic audiences. An Introduction to Jain Philosophy presents a great overview of what Jain thinkers have to say about the universal issues of the human condition — and how we might understand and enhance our relationship with other living beings as a powerful and effective spiritual journey. This would be a fantastic primary source for an upper level undergraduate course on Jainism or modern Indian philosophy and a nice addition to either your personal or institutional library.

|  |
Book — Parveen Jain

All the best,
Jeff
Dr. Jeffery D. Long
Professor of Religion and Asian Studies
Elizabethtown CollegeElizabethtown, PA
https://etown.academia.edu/JefferyLong
Series Editor, Explorations in Indic Traditions: Theological, Ethical, and PhilosophicalLexington Books
"One who makes a habit of prayer and meditation will easily overcome all difficulties and remain calm and unruffled in the midst of the trials of life."  (Holy Mother Sarada Devi)
"We are a way for the Cosmos to know itself." (Carl Sagan)