[INDOLOGY] paleographic question

Camillo Formigatti camillo.formigatti at bodleian.ox.ac.uk
Mon Dec 14 17:20:58 UTC 2020

Dear Matthew,

I briefly discuss this topic in a 2016 article, which you can download from Brill's website:

Formigatti, Camillo A. " 6 A Forgotten Chapter in South Asian Book History? A Bird's Eye View of Sanskrit Print Culture". In Tibetan Printing: Comparisons, Continuities and Change, (Leiden, The Netherlands: Brill, 2016) doi: https://doi.org/10.1163/9789004316256_008

(You can find my thoughts about it on p. 84 and following. By the way, I have continued my research on the issue since then and I have a more informed opinion now, which I can share with you off list.)

Best wishes,

Camillo

________________________________
Dr Camillo A. Formigatti