Re: [INDOLOGY] Piṅgala

Dominik Wujastyk wujastyk at gmail.com
Sat Aug 29 03:00:30 UTC 2020

On Fri, 28 Aug 2020 at 01:26, victor davella via INDOLOGY <
indology at list.indology.info> wrote:

> I would be happy to share any of them. I'm not sure what the policy is
> about giving links publicly to material still under copyright...

The links are not the items (map <> territory).  The links may be copied.
What happens after that is someone else's responsibility.

However, in 2009, the organizers of The Pirate Bay were successfully
prosecuted by a consortium of media publishers for sharing links on a
massive scale (The Pirate Bay Trial
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Pirate_Bay_trial#cite_note-132>).  The
discussion was about torrent file sharing links, mind you, which could
perhaps be distinguished from ordinary URLs.

I think the likelihood that a consortium of media publishers will pursue
anyone for sharing a link to the Chandaḥsūtra is vanishingly small.

Best,
Dominik