[INDOLOGY] Gandhara scrolls

Stefan Baums baums at lmu.de
Thu Aug 20 09:40:56 UTC 2020

Dear Dominik,

many thanks for the link. There was an earlier flurry of articles
about the Library of Congress scroll last summer, when they first
put images online.

For those who would like to read more about this scroll, Andrew
Glass and I have been tracking publications in our Catalog of
Gāndhārī Texts:

   https://gandhari.org/catalog/CKM0261

One line from the scroll containing the name Iṣmaho = Ikṣvāku is
discussed in Salomon & Baums 2007. The most detailed published
study of the Gāndhārī text on the background of the
Bahubuddhasūtra in the Mahāvastu is Tournier 2017.

All best,
Stefan

--
Stefan Baums, Ph.D.