[INDOLOGY] An article on information encoded in the Indus Valley seals

James Hartzell james.hartzell at gmail.com
Sun Aug 16 18:44:42 UTC 2020

Dear George et al

Thanks very much for this article link. I have long thought that the 'seals' might be, largely, a type of coinage, and that the information on the seals largely of a finance-related nature for Indus valley commerce. As Mukhopadhyay susggests, the seals perhaps provide largely mathematical/commercial information about goods traded and the values of those goods, rather than language-related information per se.

It would be very interesting to hear other list member views on Mukhopadhyay's proposal and discussion of the evidence.

Cheers
James