[INDOLOGY] Antw: Trailokya

Raik Strunz raik.strunz at indologie.uni-halle.de
Sat Aug 8 08:08:52 UTC 2020

Dear James,

the Catalogus codicum manuscriptorum Sanscriticorum postvedicorum
quotquot in Bibliotheca Bodleiana adservantur (Böhtlingk: Verz. D. Oxf.
H.) has been digitalized and is accessible through the online platform
of the Bayerische Staatsbibliothek via: opacplus.bsb-muenchen.de

Best,

Raik Strunz

–––––––––––

Raik Strunz, M.A.

Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter
Email: raik.strunz at indologie.uni-halle.de
Tel.: +49 345 / 55 23655

Seminar für Südasienkunde und Indologie
 — Indologie —
Orientalisches Institut
Martin-Luther-Universität Halle-Wittenberg

Emil-Abderhalden-Straße 9
D-06108 Halle (Saale)

www.indologie.uni-halle.de

–––––––––––

सर॑स्वत्यै॒  स्वाहा॑  ॥

>>> James Hartzell via INDOLOGY <indology at list.indology.info> 07.08.20
13.21 Uhr >>>
Hi all

A short while back I posted a query about a reference in
 the Bothlink-Roth electronic edition (Koln Sanskrit Lexicons), under
the word
trailokya
3) n. mystische Bez. eines best. Theils des Körpers Verz. D. Oxf. H.
236,a, No. 567.

Several of you kindly pointed out that the abbreviation is explained in
the shorter version of the Bothlink Roth dictionary.

Jonathan Katz has kindly looked up the reference in the Aufrecht
catalogue at Oxford.  As he explains, "The citation is from a verse in a
Gorakṣaśataka - see verse 14 almost at the bottom of the first column
(of page 296). The Latin (Deinde de quibusdam corporis ...
circumscriptis) means:

'Then <the author> deals with certain parts of the external body,
precisely related to mystic meditation'."

I"m attaching, in case anyone may be interested, the two scans of the
catalogue pages Jonathan sent me. Thanks again Jonathan!

Cheers
James

--
James Hartzell, PhD (2x)

Donostia-San Sebatián, Spain

Center for Mind/Brain Sciences (CIMeC), The University of Trento, Italy

Center for Buddhist Studies, Columbia University, USA