[INDOLOGY] Antw: Re: Antw: Re: Grammatical question

Raik Strunz raik.strunz at indologie.uni-halle.de
Wed Apr 22 05:09:07 UTC 2020

Thank you for that clarification!

And also thank you for the 1960’s article and the other link,
Chatterji’s appraisal of the pronounciation of Visarga is especially
interesting.

Best,

Raik Strunz

–––––––––––

Raik Strunz, M.A.

Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter
Email: raik.strunz at indologie.uni-halle.de
Tel.: +49 345 / 55 23655

Martin-Luther-Universität Halle-Wittenberg
Institut für Altertumswissenschaften
Seminar für Indologie
Emil-Abderhalden-Straße 9
D-06108 Halle (Saale)

www.indologie.uni-halle.de

–––––––––––

सर॑स्वत्यै॒ स्वाहा॑ ॥

>>> David and Nancy Reigle via INDOLOGY <indology at list.indology.info>
21.04.20 22.07 Uhr >>>
Thank you to Harry for posting a scan of S. K. Chatterji's 1960 article
on "The Pronunciation of Sanskrit" from Indian Linguistics. I see that
part of the print is not always readable on the left side of the left
pages in the scans. I attach a scan of it that I made a couple years ago
at Cornell University Library Annex. My scan does show all the print,
but otherwise is not better. By then, Cornell had done away with
photocopy machines where one could lay the page flat on the glass, and
had only scanners where one had to lay the book down open and hope it
laid fairly flat. It usually does not lay flat, and the pages come out
somewhat wavy in the scans. Sorry, this is the best I could do.

Best regards,

David Reigle
Colorado, U.S.A.