[INDOLOGY] A distraction from the Coronavirus

Christian Ferstl christian.ferstl at univie.ac.at
Wed Apr 1 06:14:15 UTC 2020

Excellent proof for the pureness of Sita:

कोरोणाव्याध्यसंक्रान्ता सीतादेवी निरामया ।
तन्न स्पृष्टा हि लङ्कायाम् इति रामस्य प्रत्ययः ॥

Sita was well and not infected by the Corona virus,
so she was surely not touched in Lanka - this was Ramas conviction.

Christian

Am 01.04.2020 00:48, schrieb Elliot Stern via INDOLOGY:
> सुभाषितमेव
>
>> On Mar 31, 2020, at 4:23 PM, Joanna Jurewicz via INDOLOGY
>> <indology at list.indology.info> wrote:
>>
>> I agree! Excellent!
>>
>> ---
>>
>> Prof. dr hab. Joanna Jurewicz
>> Katedra Azji Południowej /Chair of South Asia
>> Wydział Orientalistyczny / Faculty of Oriental Studies
>> Uniwersytet Warszawski /University of Warsaw
>> ul. Krakowskie Przedmieście 26/28
>> 00-927 Warszawa , Poland
>> Department of Linguistics and Modern Languages
>> College of Human Sciences
>> UNISA
>> Pretoria, RSA
>> Member of Academia Europaea
>> https://uw.academia.edu/JoannaJurewicz
>>
>> wt., 31 mar 2020 o 14:26 Madhav Deshpande via INDOLOGY
>> <indology at list.indology.info> napisał(a):
>>
>> Excellent verses, Christian and Dániel.
>>
>> Madhav M. Deshpande
>> Professor Emeritus, Sanskrit and Linguistics
>> University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
>> Senior Fellow, Oxford Center for Hindu Studies
>>
>> [Residence: Campbell, California, USA]
>>
>> On Tue, Mar 31, 2020 at 12:16 AM Dániel Balogh via INDOLOGY
>> <indology at list.indology.info> wrote:
>>
>> OK, can't resist getting on the bandwagon.
>> A little continuation to Christian's excellent earlier one about
>> Damayantī's svayaṃvara.
>>
>> देवो वा मनुजो वेति
>> च्छन्ने वक्त्रे
>> किमन्तरम्।
>> दृष्टेरनिमिषायास्तु
>> विजानीमहि तत्क्षणाद्॥
>>
>> "God or man? What's the difference when their face is covered?"
>> "But we can tell right away by their unblinking gaze."
>>
>> Daniel
>>
>> On Tue, 31 Mar 2020 at 08:53, Christian Ferstl via INDOLOGY
>> <indology at list.indology.info> wrote:
>> Here's an other one with a face mask:
>>
>> कोरोणाया भयात्सीता
>> पद्मदलमुखावृतिः ।
>> सुवर्णमृगमेवैच्छच्
>> चीनपैंगोलिनं न तु ॥
>>
>> Out of fear of the Corona virus Sita, wearing a lotus leaf face
>> mask,
>> wanted a golden deer - not a Pangolin from China.
>>
>> Christian Ferstl
>>
>> Am 30.03.2020 22:58, schrieb Joanna Jurewicz:
>>> Oh, I love this with mask, Christian. Frankly speaking, I enjoy
>> all of
>>> them.
>>>
>>> And I am amazed by the discussion these poems incited.
>>>
>>> Well, this is a perennial problem: Is poetry is free from rules or
>>> not? Is there room for any innovation? For bold breaking rules?
>>>
>>> With best wishes to all,
>>>
>>> 3.062.14a     sómo asmábhyaṃ dvipáde
>>> 3.062.14b     cátuṣpade ca paśáve