[INDOLOGY] East and West India mixed references on Archiv - a pdf request

Jonathan Silk kauzeya at gmail.com
Wed Sep 18 09:09:16 UTC 2019

just a technical (slightly technical...) note: if you get a VPN, you can
set your location to the US and then you can access hathitrust or google
materials which are limited to North America. As far as I know, there is
absolutely nothing even remotely illegal in this.
Jonathan

On Wed, Sep 18, 2019 at 9:41 AM Christophe Vielle via INDOLOGY <
indology at list.indology.info> wrote:

> Dear List,
>
> I would like to go through George Thomas ARTOLA (?1920-2010?)'s
> out-of-print
> *The banner of Kāmadeva and other topics of Sanskrit literature and Indian
> culture *
> (= vol. 3 of the Monographs of the Department of Sanskrit and Indian
> Studies, University of Toronto)*,* Bombay: Popular Prakashan, 1977 (a ±
> 100 pp. collection of articles).
>
> The book should be on Archiv here:
> https://archive.org/details/reseahistricade00batrgoog/
> but the scanned file does not correspond to the description (same for the
> Open Library reference).
>
> The needed document would be available (unfortunately not in Europe) at
> https://catalog.hathitrust.org/Record/000288225
> https://books.google.com/books?id=0VtdvgEACAAJ (= exemplar from
> University of California)
> https://books.google.com/books?id=M6K7NAEACAAJ
>
> As for Archiv problem, since the wording of the link correspond to the
> presently attached files (the given Google-id being also the one of the
> Library of Harvard exemplar of *Resena Historica de las Municipalidades
> en Guatemala*, https://books.google.com/books?id=f0EXAAAAYAAJ), it would
> be probably better to preserve it and replace the title and description by
> the correct ones, and create a new entry for Artola's book.
>
> Thank you for your help,
>
> Best wishes,
> –––––––––––––––––––
> Christophe Vielle <https://uclouvain.be/en/directories/christophe.vielle>
> Louvain-la-Neuve

J. Silk
Leiden University
Leiden University Institute for Area Studies, LIAS
Matthias de Vrieshof 3, Room 0.05b
2311 BZ Leiden
The Netherlands

copies of my publications may be found at
https://leidenuniv.academia.edu/JASilk