[INDOLOGY] Out-of-body experience in Indian religions

Dean Michael Anderson eastwestcultural at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 14 15:02:00 UTC 2019

 There must be many stories of things like this in texts like the Puranas, but these two references come to mind.

) The biography of Shankara mentions him leaving his body and entering the body of a king. Shankara-dig-vijaya is one of the classic texts on this. Perhaps some know of other sources.
2) Yoga Sutra III.38 says:

By loosening the cause of bondage and through sensitivity to themovements (of the mind), consciousness can enter another body.

 bandhakaaraNashaithilyaatprachaarasaMvedanaachchachittasya parasharIraaveshaH

Best,
Dean