[INDOLOGY] Sad news

tatiana.oranskaia tatiana.oranskaia at uni-hamburg.de
Tue Oct 22 22:40:21 UTC 2019

An awful news. Allison, a vigorous person with a fine sense of humour,
kind heart and open soul is not any longer with us.
Allison, an outstanding scholar, amazingly sensitive to
intratextual connections in complicated early Indo-Aryan/Braj texts and their
  relationship to the historical and cultural context, passed away at
a painfully young
age.
Her family, close friends and students will know that many people in
many countries
love her and mourn for her together with them. We can only wish
limitless strength
to those to whom the loss is unbearable.

Tatiana

Zitat von Dominik Wujastyk via INDOLOGY <indology at list.indology.info>:

> This is very sad news indeed.  Allison was a unique scholar, making
> research contributions in the critically important area of post-14th
> century South Asian studies.  Some of her many writings are available
> at academia.edu
> page <https://columbia.academia.edu/AllisonBusch>.  And her archive page
> <http://icls.columbia.edu/author/ab2544columbia-edu/> at Columbia.
>
> I was surprised and delighted a couple of years ago when I learned that
> Allison grew up in Edmonton, Canada, where I now live.
>
> My thoughts are with her family, friends and students.
>
> Dominik
>
> --
> Professor Dominik Wujastyk <http://ualberta.academia.edu/DominikWujastyk>
> ,
>
> Singhmar Chair in Classical Indian Society and Polity
> ,
>
> Department of History and Classics <http://historyandclassics.ualberta.ca/>
> ,
> University of Alberta, Canada
> .
>
> South Asia at the U of A:
>
> sas.ualberta.ca
>

> On Mon, 21 Oct 2019 at 10:15, Ananya Vajpeyi via INDOLOGY <
> indology at list.indology.info> wrote:
>

>> Professor Allison Busch, of Columbia University, passed away on October
>> 19, 2019 after a long illness. It seemed appropriate to inform members of
>> this list, as many of us would have known Allison personally and / or
>> through her important work on Hindi literature of the early modern period:
>>
>> https://mesaas.columbia.edu/faculty-directory/allison-busch/
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Ananya Vajpeyi.
>>
>> --
>>
>> *Ananya Vajpeyi, Ph.D.*
>> *Visiting Fellow, CRASSH-Cambridge University, 2019-20 *
>> *http://www.crassh.cam.ac.uk/people/profile/ananya-vajpeyi*
>> <http://www.crassh.cam.ac.uk/people/profile/ananya-vajpeyi>
>>
>> *Fellow and Associate Professor*
>> *Centre for the Study of Developing Societies*
>>
>> *New Delhi*
>> *EMAIL: vajpeyi at csds.in <vajpeyi at csds.in>*
>> *http://www.csds.in/faculty_ananya_vajpeyi.htm*
>> <http://www.csds.in/faculty_ananya_vajpeyi.htm>

Prof. Dr. Tatiana Oranskaia
Abteilung für Kultur und Geschichte Indiens und Tibets
Asien-Afrika-Institut
Universität Hamburg
Alsterterrasse 1, 1. OG re.
20354 Hamburg