[INDOLOGY] Highlights from the Sanskrit corpora

Dominik Wujastyk wujastyk at gmail.com
Wed Oct 9 21:20:30 UTC 2019

Yes.

> in this case, actually authors, who obviously transferred their copyright
to the still existing BORI.

We don't know if Edgerton, Sukthankar and others actually signed over their
copyright to BORI.  That would require a search of the BORI archives.  But
also, if BORI paid the editors for their work, it could be classed as "work
for hire" in which case BORI would have had the copyright automatically on
that legal basis.

What you say about 25 years is right, as far as I recall from that article
I cited, as far as the text goes.  It might be that the apparatus falls
under the 60-year rule.

Bear in mind that although India and most nations are signatories to the
1952 Geneva Universal Copyright Convention
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Copyright_Convention>, there are
many national laws and exceptions.  So one has to understand (C) in
particular national legal contexts.