Re: [INDOLOGY] XeLaTeX and ड्भि

François Patte francois.patte at mi.parisdescartes.fr
Wed Oct 9 15:03:58 UTC 2019

Le 09/10/2019 à 15:59, Arlo Griffiths via INDOLOGY a écrit :
> Dear colleagues,
>
> Does anyone know a way to get the ligature ड्भि to display without virāma
> inDevanagari MT, if need be through some amount of XeTeXglyph fiddling?
>
> I am pasting below the list of ligatures for which I have found it
> necessary so far to fake special measures using Devanagari MT. If it is
> clear that adopting a different font will make most of these special
> cases go away, please advise me.

It seems that devanagari MT has some problems with ligatures (see
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/1274475).

I use without any problem the FreeSerif fonts (avalaible with Texlive
and (I think) MikTex). The sanskrit 2003 fonts are also easy to use.

--
François Patte
UFR de mathématiques et informatique