[INDOLOGY] Ships going from England to India in the early 19th century

Greg Bailey Greg.Bailey at latrobe.edu.au
Thu Nov 28 22:12:46 UTC 2019

Dear List,

I don’t know if anyone can help me with this question out of left field.

A friend is trying to find information on one Frederick Taylor who was involved in massacres of Australian aborigines (there is a Wikipedia entry on this).  Apparently he was in India in the 1820s and had connections in the East India company.

I am not sure how to access the old East India records–now part of the British Library–as these might be of some use.  If anyone can enlighten me on this it would be very much appreciated.

Cheers,

Greg Bailey