[INDOLOGY] Jesuits on astrology/astrologers in India?

Christophe Vielle christophe.vielle at uclouvain.be
Sun Nov 17 17:30:12 UTC 2019

See also on astrology and astronomy in Malabar the chapter (19) devoted to the science of the brahmins in the Jesuit Portuguese work, dated ca. 1615 , by
Diogo Gonçalves S. I., Historia do Malavar (Hs. Goa 58 des Arch. Rom. S. I.), ed. Josef Wicki, Münster: Aschendorff, 1955 (Missionswissenschaftliche Abhandlungen und Texte, 20), p. 27 sv. (see also on the writing, and on the malayalam and Sanskrit languages p. 29-30).
Charles Julius Borges, of the Loyola College (Baltimore), had once the project to translate this very interesting work in English, but no news thereabout.
BW