[INDOLOGY] Exploratory session for Mahābhārata seminar at AAR

Collins, Brian collinb1 at ohio.edu
Wed Nov 6 15:42:51 UTC 2019

Dear INDOLOGY List,

If you will be at the AAR meeting on Monday the 25th, please plan to join us at an exploratory session on "The Mahābhārata: A Text for Classical Hinduism.” We will seek to establish whether sufficient interest exists to justify the creation of a five-year seminar dedicated to the Mahābhārata. Rather than present papers, we will articulate the case for such a seminar, soliciting participation from fellow AAR members. Details below.

WHEN:

Monday - 9:00 AM-11:30 AM

WHERE:

Hilton Bayfront-Sapphire 402 (Fourth Level)

PRESIDING:

Bruce M. Sullivan, Northern Arizona University,

PANEL:

Vishwa Adluri, City University of New York
Arti Dhand, University of Toronto
Frederick M. Smith, University of Iowa
Michael C. Baltutis, University of Wisconsin, Oshkosh
Joydeep Bagchee, Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität of Munich

RESPONDING:

Brian Collins, Ohio University

Thanks,

Assoc. Prof. Brian Collins
Department Chair and Drs. Ram and Sushila Gawande Chair in Indian Religion and Philosophy
234 Ellis Hall
Ohio University
Athens, Ohio
740-597-2103