[INDOLOGY] Formations of the ghanāghana type

Martin Gansten martingansten at gmail.com
Sat May 11 17:34:53 UTC 2019

With apologies for what may be a fairly basic question, I wonder if
anyone can direct me to an English-language (or German, or French at a
pinch) source discussing the formation of adjectives such as ghanāghana.
(I assume that there are other such instances, though none comes
immediately to mind.) Böhtlingk/Roth and Monier-Williams give references
to Pāṇini (6.1.12) etc., but I could do with something a little more
accessible.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions,
Martin Gansten