[INDOLOGY] Crowdfunding for Gandhari manuscripts

Mark Allon mark.allon at sydney.edu.au
Fri May 10 22:27:43 UTC 2019

Dear list members,

The initial response to our crowdfunding campaign to support the ongoing study and conservation of Gandhari manuscripts has been excellent. We have received numerous requests for further information from interested scholars in both public and private communications, in response to which we have updated the crowdfunding page with further details on the state and status of the scrolls and how the funds will be spent (https://crowdfunding.sydney.edu.au/project/10335/updates/1). Further updates will be given on the site as we move from funding into implementation of the project.

Thank you to all those who have supported this initiative so far and please pass on the crowdfunding request to your own networks.

Best wishes

Mark Allon

Richard Salomon

Paul Harrison

Dr Mark Allon

Chair, Dept. of Indian Subcontinental Studies

The University of Sydney

Australia