[INDOLOGY] Studies of Kumarasambhava

Tieken, H.J.H. H.J.H.Tieken at hum.leidenuniv.nl
Wed May 8 18:04:24 UTC 2019

It is not much. but on the last page of my article "The Structure of Kālidāsa's Raghuvaṃśa" (Studien zur Indologie und Iranistik 15 (1989), pp.151-158) I also say something about the Kumārasaṃbhava. A pdf of the article can be found on my website. For a study of the Mahākāvya genre, of which the KS is a fine example, see my article "On Beginnings: Introductions and Prefaces in Kāvya", in Bronner, Shulman and Tubb (eds.). Innovations and Turning Points ..., Oxford 2014, pp. 86 ff, pdf on my website.
Herman

Herman Tieken
Stationsweg 58
2515 BP Den Haag