[INDOLOGY] New Book Announcement

Alessandra Petrocchi a.petrocchi at cantab.net
Wed May 8 08:44:51 UTC 2019

Dear colleagues,
it is my pleasure to announce the publication of my book:
Alessandra Petrocchi, ‘The GaNitatilaka and its Commentary: Two Medieval
Sanskrit Mathematical Texts’, London: Routledge, 2019.

It is the first full English translation, philological analysis, and study
of both the mathematical text by ZrIpati and its Sanskrit commentary by
SiMhatilakasUri. Also, in the book the Sanskrit edition by KApadIA has
been critically revised. The volume is 438 pages in length, the hardback
edition is £ 150.

www.taylorfrancis.com/books/9781351022262

The book can be purchased from Routledge; it is available on Amazon as well.

Sincerely,
Alessandra.
Dr Alessandra Petrocchi
Leverhulme Trust Early Career Research Fellow
Faculty of Linguistics Philology and Phonetics
University of Oxford