[INDOLOGY] question about a soliciation from publisher MDPI

Camillo Formigatti camillo.formigatti at bodleian.ox.ac.uk
Wed Mar 27 16:11:08 UTC 2019

It's really interesting that in this discussion none of us has actually pointed out that not only scientific publishers shouldn't ask authors to pay a fee for publication, they should actually pay us for the work we've done. If scientific publishers ask scholars to pay a fee for publication it means that their business model is wrong in the best-case scenario or they're criminals, plain and simple. Maybe the reason for all this is that scientific publishers shouldn't be run as businesses? I'm just throwing this idea into the arena, since it seems that the business-like model is now all-pervading in every single aspect of human life, even where it shouldn't.

________________________________

Dr Camillo A. Formigatti
John Clay Sanskrit Librarian

Bodleian Libraries