[INDOLOGY] Non-standard sandhi

Martin Gansten martingansten at gmail.com
Fri Mar 22 07:03:58 UTC 2019

Nevertheless, the majority of these hits seem not to be instances of e >
a or o > a sandhi. Also, comparing them with the saṃhitā text in
Müller's edition, most of them are given either as ā (that is, a single
vowel) or ā a, not as a a. A machine search for 'a a' may not be the
optimal way of finding examples of this unusual sandhi.

Martin