[INDOLOGY] An Initial

Sudalaimuthu Palaniappan palaniappa at aol.com
Thu Mar 14 19:06:32 UTC 2019

Dear Victor,

Have you explored if the first initial represents either cursive ‘Th’ (may be as an abbreviation of ‘Thiru’) or the Tamil character ‘பு’ written in a cursive form, possibly written in a different way from the first letter of the name possibly because it is an initial? If you have other letters by him or to him, you can test these possibilities. From the Tamil Wikipedia page (https://ta.wikipedia.org/wiki/பு._இரா._புருடோத்தமர்), based on his work history, it is possible he was in Chidambaram before 1935.

Regards,

Palaniappan