[INDOLOGY] An Initial

Nagaraj Paturi nagarajpaturi at gmail.com
Tue Mar 12 18:35:39 UTC 2019

http://acharya.org/bk/pb/brpn/index.html

has it as

*B R Purushothama Naidu*

In Tamil, B can stand for bu or pu and R can stand for raa

On Tue, Mar 12, 2019 at 11:32 PM victor davella via INDOLOGY <
indology at list.indology.info> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I am hoping that someone might be able to help me with the reading of the
> first initial found in the image below. I would like this to be the
> autograph of Pu. Rā. Puruṣottama Nāyaṭu, a renowned Śrī-Vaiṣṇava scholar,
> but I find it difficult to see a P or a B (as it is sometimes given) in the
> letter as written. The date, 10/4/(19)28 falls comfortably within his
> lifespan (1901-1976).
>
> Many Thanks,
>
> Victor
>
> P.S. Please let me know if the image has not come through.
>
> [image: image.png]

Nagaraj Paturi

Hyderabad, Telangana, INDIA.

Director,  Inter-Gurukula-University Centre for Indic Knowledge Systems.
BoS, MIT School of Vedic Sciences, Pune, Maharashtra

BoS, Chinmaya Vishwavidyapeeth, Veliyanad, Kerala

(Pune, Maharashtra, INDIA )