[INDOLOGY] Call for Papers AAIS first Annual conference

Jan E.M. Houben jemhouben at gmail.com
Sun Jun 30 17:01:23 UTC 2019

Although I have no intention to attend it: thanks for sending us this
timely information that it is taking place and an open call for papers.
I am also happy to see critical remarks and *brief* discussions on possible
problems in the organization and motivation of this and other indological
events, but hope that this List will remain a place where scholars,
regardless of their political, philosophical, ethical ... orientation, will
continue to feel welcome to announce their conferences and "conferences".
Best regards,
Jan Houben

On Thu, 20 Jun 2019 at 04:00, Lavanya Vemsani via INDOLOGY <
indology at list.indology.info> wrote:

> Hello All,
> Attached below is the CFP for AAIS conference. Please plan to join us for
> the First Annual Conference.
> Please circulate the CFP widely.
> Thank you.
> Lavanya
>

> Call for Papers for the Inaugural Conference of
>
> American Academy of Indic Studies
>

> The American Academy Of Indic Studies (AAIS) is a scholarly,
> non-political, non-religious, and non-profit academy for scholars and
> students interested in Indic civilization. We work with the objective to
> promote study and research of Indic Civilization in Academia. More info at
> www.AAIndicStudies.org <http://www.aaindicstudies.org>
>
> For its inaugural conference, AAIS invites proposals for scholarly
> presentations on the issues of ‘Indic Civilization and Postcolonialism’. We
> invite proposals from a broad category of academic disciplines to submit
> their research in the processes and endeavors of postcolonialism of Indic
> wisdom and traditions.
>
> The objective of this conference is to explore the influences of the
> ‘Occident’ and ‘Modernity’ on the Indic intellectual culture and society at
> large. It will be highly valuable to evaluate those influences and
> investigate attempts towards drafting a long term agenda towards
> postcolonialism. An inquiry into the structural, procedural, or attitudinal
> obstacles to better incorporate postcolonialism is the prime intent under
> consideration. The plan is to appraise what you think would be the ideal
> arrangement for systematic investigation, publication, and dialogue over
> the coming decade, in order to involve mainstream academia in the process
> of postcolonialism.
>
> The deadline for abstract submissions is Oct 15th
>
> Conference Date: Feb 20-22, 2020
>
> Conference Venue: Dallas, Texas in affiliation with https://www.naaas.org
>
> Conference Proceedings: To be announced.
>
> *Lavanya Vemsani*
> Ph.D (History) Ph.D. (Religious Studies)
> Professor, Dept. of Social Sciences
> Shawnee State University
> President, *Ohio Academy of History *
> Co-founder, *American Academy of Indic Studies *
> Editor-in-Chief
> *American Journal of Indic Studies*
> Managing Editor
> *International Journal of Indic Religions *
> *Associate Editor *
> *-Canadian Journal of History *
> *-Air Force Journal of Indo-Pacific Affairs*
> http://www.shawnee.edu/academics/social-sciences/faculty/lvemsani.aspx

*Jan E.M. Houben*

Directeur d'Études, Professor of South Asian History and Philology

*Sources et histoire de la tradition sanskrite*

École Pratique des Hautes Études (EPHE, PSL - Université Paris)

*Sciences historiques et philologiques *

54, rue Saint-Jacques, CS 20525 – 75005 Paris

*johannes.houben at ephe.sorbonne.fr <johannes.houben at ephe.sorbonne.fr>*

*johannes.houben at ephe.psl.eu <johannes.houben at ephe.psl.eu>*

*https://ephe-sorbonne.academia.edu/JanEMHouben
<https://ephe-sorbonne.academia.edu/JanEMHouben>*