[INDOLOGY] A question about writing निर्ॠति or निरृति in Devanagari

Krishnaprasad G krishnaprasadah.g at gmail.com
Sat Jun 22 03:47:20 UTC 2019

Dear all

I was doing a small research wchich is the correct method to write the
vowel ऋ preceeded by र् consonant. I  have checked in the old manuscripts
where I could only see निरृति and never निर्ॠति. The later is widely used
in modern days and in all the fonts. But I don't understand how can we have
conjunct to a vowel. After consulting n number of MSS, consequently, I
strongly believe the former is correct. However if any scholar would
recomend any other options I would be grateful to know.  Thanks
And here is the difference I have made in Rgveda

[image: image.png]