[INDOLOGY] Aikabhavika-nyaya

Uskokov, Aleksandar aleksandar.uskokov at yale.edu
Mon Jun 10 12:17:28 UTC 2019

Dear Shankar,

Look at Venkatramiah’s introduction to his translation of Parthasarati Mishra’s Sastra-dipika, pp. xxiv-xxv. The doctrine seems explicitly Mimamsa (or perhaps an imagined fix of one of their accounts of liberation), the claim being that samcita-karma in total is responsible for embodiment and can be eradicated in total (perhaps a reply to Sankara’s claim that samcita being accumulated without beginning, it could never be exhausted by living through it).

Best,
Aleksandar