[INDOLOGY] Studies on the Rigveda [Addendum: Table of Contents]

Joanna Jurewicz j.jurewicz at uw.edu.pl
Sat Jun 8 17:57:44 UTC 2019

Dear Antonia, Dear George, Dear Konraad, Dear Christophe, Dear Tim,
Dear All,

It would be great if such a round-table  could happen in Dubrovnik.

It seems that, apart from the traditional and extremely  valuable research,
we can discuss some other approaches to the *Rgveda* and the ancient Indian
texts. I think that we, Indologists,  can propose a lot in humanities in
general, because we "possess" very old  texts and we know how to interpret
them. We only have to find the way of their explanation which goes beyond
our field and is general enough to be accepted by the scholars who pretend
to study human beings, but in fact they study Europeans and Northern
Americans, and, in spite of those limited sources,  they draw conclusions
about man in general which is a typical mistake *pars pro toto *(due to my
mercy, I will not discuss the further possible entailments of such an
attitude...)

And dear George, thank you for your uplifting opinion about my English. I
try to do my best, but I still feel constrained by the language which is so
different from my mother tongue.

Best,

Joanna

---
Prof. dr hab. Joanna Jurewicz
Katedra Azji Południowej /Chair of South Asia
Wydział Orientalistyczny / Faculty of Oriental Studies
Uniwersytet Warszawski /University of Warsaw
ul. Krakowskie Przedmieście 26/28
00-927 Warszawa
https://uw.academia.edu/JoannaJurewicz